Memorable Experiences Await in America’s First Destination
PROVINCETOWN, Mass. – Spring in Provincetown means warming sands, stunning sunsets and leisurely strolls along Commercial Street. The town’s award-winning accommodations offer attractive prices, and guests are treated like locals, as Ptown’s renowned shops, galleries and restaurants open their doors to the sidewalks to welcome visitors.
The upcoming calendar is no exception to the town’s stellar yearlong lineup of events, featuring many holiday celebrations, art festivals, charitable events and some weekend revelry. This season demonstrates just how much fun people can have when then arrive to this “quirky” town, as designated by Travel and Leisure magazine.
So leave the memories of cold and snow behind and savor the picturesque seascapes, dramatic coastal light and endless supply of unique character and join in the wide range of celebrations, with entertainment for every taste and persuasion.
Upon arrival, you’ll see why Ptown was rated one of the 10 happiest seaside townsin America for 2014 by Costal Living magazine and why Fodor’s Travel, Smithsonian Magazine and others named Ptown one of the 10 Best Small Towns in America and why Travel and Leisure called it one of ‘America’s Most Romantic‘ destinations.
The following are some of Ptown’s signature spring events and celebrations:
- March 13-15: Out of Hibernation Weekend – Join Bears and their Gay admirers at a series of events to welcome spring.
- March 13-17: St. Patrick’s Day Weekend – Head to Provincetown for St. Patrick’s Day and put on your best kilt or leprechaun consume, drink a Guinness and listen and dance to music at one of Ptown’s pubs.
- March 14: Year Rounder’s Festival – A vibrant event, involving numerous community groups, cultural organizations, businesses, artists, craftspeople, musicians and other performers.
- April 11-12: Miss Gay Mass US of A – The culmination of the Pageant Weekend has arrived. See who will wear the Crowns for 2015 and represent Massachusetts and New England in the National Pageant held in Texas in May.
- April 24-26: Gays for Patsy’s Spring Stomp – Come for five workshops and two dances, so much fun in Ptown!
- April 24-May 3: Appearances International Eco Arts Festival – Artists are invited to create, perform or place artwork under the pine covered grounds and camp!
- May 2: Run to the Top of the Pilgrim Monument – The Run is a microchip timed run to the top of the Pilgrim Monument to benefit the Cape Cod Firefighter/EMS Cancer Relief Fund.
- May 8-10: Mother’s Day Weekend – Moms have free admission at Pilgrim Monument and Provincetown Museum on Sunday May 10th, and Provincetown Art Association and Museum.
- May 9: Ragnar Relay Race – Finish the overnight relay race running through Provincetown amid its charming architecture and unique landscape.
- May 15-17: Single Women’s Weekend – Find that special someone and take a holiday from your usual haunts.
- May 15-17: Monumental Yard Sale Weekend – Shop the best sales up and down Commercial Street and at residences all over town.
- May 16: Provincetown Spring Show – All You Need is Love – A musical journey of the life and times of the world’s most celebrated musical men, The Beatles.
- May 16: Spring Food Boutique – Dine on inventive small plates and creative cocktails from selected gourmet food producers.
- May 24: Annual Piano and Organ Celebration Concert – Always a favorite with memorable music.
- May 31: Provincetown 10K – This year’s race will help raise funds for Provincetown Art Association and Museum and Provincetown AIDS Memorial.
More details on these events and others can be found at ptowntourism.com/events.