Provincetown Launches New Fanciful Website
Provincetown, Mass. – First came the “iPtown” app to connect the worldto Provincetown via mobile devices, and now a new website is sure to keep the town on the cutting edge of websites. The Provincetown Tourism Office launched new web resources today at www.PTownTourism.com featuring a creative twist with new images and themes in addition to enhanced functionality and user-friendliness.
New Provincetown website landing page features idyllic illustration with animated sailing ship and sunburst rising over Pilgrim Monument.
Leveraging the quaint architecture and quirky, playful nature of Provincetown as a motif, the website will parallel themes established in the iPtown mobile application that was launched in summer of 2013 to positive reviews.
“As America’s First Destination, we wanted to take advantage of the many firsts accorded Cape Cod’s most famous destination,” said Val Marmillion, president of Marmillion + Company, who developed the site. “Accolades such as top rankings in travel journals, including one of “America’s Most Quirky Destinations” by Travel + Leisure Magazine, led us to celebrate such uniqueness by allowing the Town’s tourism website to be fun and imaginative.”
Like the app, the website will offer hundreds of links to attractions, events and local business webpages, while seamlessly integrating with social media. Eye-catching and fun, while maintaining ease of navigation, was the touchstone for setting Ptown’s web resources apart from other destination and tourism sites that can be overwhelming with heavy content or click-throughs.
Of note is that like the iPtown app, the enhanced site will mirror the tourism assets of Provincetown itself, rather than a more commercial site full of banner ads and product promotions. This affords even the most intrepid traveler or seasoned local a limitless tool to explore, discover or rediscover all the offerings of the picturesque town on the tip of Cape Cod, which has become synonymous with progressive culture, art, eco-tourism, history, LGBTQ equality and quality destination travel.
The new site features a variety of enhancements and additions, including:
- Branding – The new website is now visually aligned with the new Provincetown brand position recalling that Pilgrims first landed in Provincetown and inked the Mayflower Compact, the roots of American Democracy
- Responsiveness – The site features a responsive framework that allows it fluid functions within a variety of browsers and on a multiple devices. Site visitors can easily research their next dining experience, area events or sightseeing options from the convenience of their desktop, laptop, tablet or Smartphone with intuitive imagery to guide them.
- Ease of use – Website navigation has been simplified to make finding information about the community and multiple map options readily and easily accessible. The site also features a comprehensive search option to locate information quickly and on the fly.
- New Features – Real-time weather feed, RSS Content Syndication, a refreshed events calendar with mapped event locations, social media synergies and much more are now found live on the site.
- Simplified Content Management – Site administrators now have the ability to easily add and update content on a regular basis from any device anywhere in the world in real time. This ensures timely information rollouts and a more up-to-date experience for all site visitors.
“Everyone who has a special relationship for Provincetown will now have the most modern resources at hand to remain up to date on everything happening here year-round,” said Anthony Fuccillo, Provincetown’s Director of Tourism. “The enhanced site will be a fabulous tool for those new to Provincetown, as well as returning visitors, local residents or potential travelers daydreaming about the perfect vacation destination in which to make new and lasting memories.”
The enhanced version of www.PTownTourism.com is ready for exploration and utilization by all PTown lovers, punctuating an exciting time for America’s First Destination for travel and tourism in the digital age.