This is the 22nd annual Yankee Lambda Car Club’s Provincetown Invitational. Our theme this year is Westward Ho!, so break out your spurs and ten gallon hats. For the awards banquet costumes are strongly encouraged.
We are pleased to announce that we are returning to the Provincetown Inn in the West End of town again this year. Make your hotel reservations as soon as possible. For hotel reservations, please contact The Provincetown Inn at (508) 487-9500. Breakfast is included each morning.
- Thursday 4pm – 6:30pm: early registration at Provincetown Inn in the lobby
- Friday 10am: Poker run driving event
- Friday 4pm – 5:30pm: registration at Provincetown Inn in the lobby
- Friday 5:30 – 7:30: cocktail party with appetizers at Provincetown Inn, continuing registration
- Saturday 9am – 9:30am: arrive on Macmillan Pier
- Saturday 10am – 1:15pm: car show on Macmillan Pier
- Saturday 12noon: catered box lunch on the Pier
- Saturday 1:30pm: our fabulous Parade through town
- Saturday 6pm: pre-banquet cocktails
- Saturday 7pm: banquet and awards ceremony at Provincetown Inn, with meal choice of Prime Rib, Crab-stuffed Sole, or Baked Stuffed Chicken.
- Sunday Morning: farewell brunch at the Provincetown Inn
Please Note: this year’s event is two weekends after Labor Day.
Cost for the weekend is $135 per person. One car per registration. Includes lunch and dinner Saturday, and entry to all events. Online registrations with PayPal payment may be made until August 31. If you choose to register by mail instead of our new convenient online registration, registrations and payment must be postmarked by August 31. There will be no late registrations at the event. Commemorative T-shirts are $10 each. No refunds are available after the registration deadline.
For hotel reservations, please contact The Provincetown Inn at (508) 487-9500.
Here are this year’s award categories, so that you can start planning now!
- Pony Express Award for Best Sports Car
- My Little Pony Award for Best Compact Car
- Little House on the Prairie Award for Best Family Car
- Robber Baron Award for Best Luxury Car
- Conestoga Award for Best Station Wagon or Minivan
- Bucking Bronco Award for Best SUV or Truck
- Ennio Morricone Spaghetti Western Award for Best Foreign Car
- The Wild, Wild West Award for Most Stylish or Ostentatious Car
- Rhinestone Cowboy Award for Best Decorated Car
- Blazing Saddles Award for Most Unusual or Fun Car
- Golden Railroad Spike Award for Best in Show
- Gunsmoke Award for People’s Choice (everyone on the pier votes for this one)
- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly Award for Best Costume at the banquet
- The Donner Pass Award for the person who drove the furthest
- The Bret and Bart Maverick Award for the winner of the Friday Poker-Drive Contest